Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

October 15, 2012

Gretchen had a doctor appointment today.  When we got there we found that he had not been told by the hospitals that she had a stroke, even though they asked me for permission to get Gretchen's records from him.  The appointment went well.  Turns out that Gretchen has, what appears to be, a bad case of Plantar Fasciitis.  We are assuming that this is the result of all the time she spent in bed and then strapped to a wheelchair, essentially off her feet.  The doctor wants her to go back to physical therapy and have them work on it.  The pain is actually radiating up into her ankles so he is not positive it is Fasciitis but thinks it probably is, given where it originates.

Gretchen's memory issues are going to make me crazy.  She has lost her purse twice recently (both times it was in the house) and today she lost her calendar.  We think it was left at the checkout desk of the doctor's office but we aren't sure.  She is going to check tomorrow when she goes down to that area for therapy.

When Gretchen goes places it makes her memory worse later in the day.  When the she starts looking for something where it doesn't belong and I start to direct her to the right place she tells me that she used to keep it where ever she was looking, even if she never did.  I want Gretchen to be able to do as much as possible but unless I watch her when her memory is bad she starts getting into all kinds of things that she has agreed that I need to manage.  I know that she is trying to get it right but her brain isn't cooperating.

Right now I feel like I work all day and then come home and, after a brief break to eat dinner, have to begin coordinating all the night time stuff.  I realize that these feelings are because tonight has been a bad night in that regard and because I spent most of the weekend with a blinding headache (stress/sinus, I knew it was coming a couple weeks ago, I just didn't know when it would hit).

Pray for Gretchen's feet and memory and for my health and patience (and that I will have what it takes to keep going).

1 comment:

  1. People in our church continue to pray for you all. I was asked for an update tonight at prayer meeting, but didn't have any new news. I was wondering if Gretchen is receiving phone calls at all. And, if so, is there a more lucid time of day for a call?

    Thanks. Love to you all.

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Comments here are a privilege that is encouraged. If you are mean to me or anyone else here it will not be tolerated.